pc stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
ive got a situation here, basically i was looking on the forums on the internet and suddenly my pc just decided to switch off i tried to turn it back on but it wouldnt turn on so then i decided to hoover the inside it was dusty after i hooverd it i tried to turn it on again no luck i know its not my psu because my monitor runs of it aswell and its powered on

can you elaborate on the hoovering process? were you using any brush ends, how close did you have the end of the hoover to the components, did you touch the components, etc.

Do you get anything when you try to turn it on? any error messages etc...? any beeps? any fans spin? any LEDs?

Check wires from your PSU are frimly plugged into your motherboard. It could still be your PSU, even if the monitor is working. The MoBO uses much lower voltage than the monitor and so has more electronics before anything is output and will be seperate to the monitor output, some of this electronics may have gone.

(the wires from your power button are also firmly plugged into your motherboard too?)

Try the above suggestions and don't hoover your machine again! That creates an a$$load of component frying static.

if it is my psu i will change it but if it the mobo f*** it il buy a new pc an amd x2 3800+
but if it is my psu can you advise me what psu to get out of these i want a psu over 500watts can you look at the link below to see whats the best psu over 500watts im going to upgrade to the amd x2 if it isnt the psu so it will have to be a good one
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Prod...&Thumbnails=yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom