PC start-up problem, seemingly random??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Eagle

Beta member
Appreciate any help with this! I've trouble-shooted and just starting to pull my hair out........

Built my new gaming rig just over a month ago, initially worked like a dream but increasingly it does not start up. I've tried rebuilding and taking out all components. The weird thing is it sometimes works.... but increasingly does not!!

The mobo postcode system and PSU power supply LED always come on but the system often fails to start-up at all. I've checked all obvious things such as power switch and taking out all components. When it does start-up boots no probs at all.

By way of example, I've rebuilt several times, and usually the problem is still there........ then I return a few hours later and suddenly all working.

Once actually on the system is very stable and I've had it running 10 hours straight on Oblivion no probs.

I have it down to problem with mobo or PSU but not sure?? Any ideas appreciated!

My system:

Antec P180/ Abit AT8/ OCZ 2GB DDR/ AMD 64 3700+/ 250 GB Seagate Barracuda/ Radeon X1900XT/ Enermax Noisetaker 2 600W v.2

Sounds more like the mobo than the PSU to me.

A PSU would give you problems while running, not so much starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom