PC sometimes won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinci

In Runtime
It's pretty simple :|

I turn it on, I hear the fans start up, and thats all. It just goes dead silent as if it's off.

The green light stays on though (which says that its on)

The monitor won't work, nothing. =[

Please help

Possibly a dead board . But first thing to try is (1) DISCONNECT POWER SUPPLY. (2) Find your user guide for the board and find out which jumper on the board to use to flash,reset the bios. (3) Take out the MB battery (4) use the jumper to reset the bios . Usually you change the jumper pin for about 10 seconds then put it back to the same position as original. (5) Replace the MB battery, connect up the power and give it another try. Please follow your user manual for doing this, however this is pretty much run of the mill for most boards. Some stipulate removing the MB battery first, others not .
Hope this helps but if still getting no post , bios screen or beeps at all, sorry to say but the board is probably dead. Have a look at the board for capacitors that are leaky , poped out, they should be flat or concave. Though on older boards i have seen them poped out heaps and still running for years and years.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom