Not open for further replies.

whitelite

Beta member
Dell XPS 8100
Intel i7 860
Nvidia GeForce GTS 240
8MB RAM
Windows 7 (64 bit)

Every few minutes, usually 5 - 10 minutes, the PC slows down for a few seconds making everything including the mouse lag, and whatever audio to become stretched and distorted for that duration. It started about a week ago but has become more frequent the past few days. Sometimes the PC locks up for a few seconds altogether and the audio distorts and as you can tell, this is pretty annoying. I've tried thoroughly cleaning out the case for dust and using a disk defragger and a full virus scan, ending all the programs that are taking up the most RAM and a last resort using a registry cleaner, but the problem still persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just realised I can't save any screenshots. I've tried the snipping tool and printscreen but they won't save anywhere.
If you were wondering the temperatures the GPU is 67c idle, then all 8 cores are around the 45c - 48c mark.

8 Cores? Sorry, you don't have that many. You would have at most 4 cores.

Is this when you use intensive programs?

Could be malware and/or viruses. Get Malwarebytes. Install it, but restart and go into safe mode to run a scan, so it can catch all programs that usually start at startup.

I'll try that, thanks for the help.
Oh and nope, that's the average idle temparature unfortunately. It's always been that high anyway even from when I bought it last year, it heats up like ****. Running demanding programs brings it to around 80c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom