PC Shuts off and turning it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris001

Beta member
Ok, so I got a new PC and have had it for a few months. about 1 week after I got it I turned it on and nothing came up on my screen but I could see all the fans moving and after about 20 sec I could hear windows loading screen sound. I turned it off and it worked the next time.

It would do this every now and then but now its getting worse. Its doing it alot more and just today I turned it on and it shut shuts down after 3-5 sec. All the fans and lights go on but then turn off.

I know its not my monitor becaue I tested it with my other monitor that works fine on my older PC.

I would like to send my PC back to get it fixed but I got it from a online store and dont want to spend alot of money sending my whole PC. So I ask, anyone know what could be the problem? So maybe I could just send that item for a replacment.

Im have:
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Watt V2.01 Power Supply
Processor: AMD AthlonT64 X2 6000+ Dual-Core CPU
Motherboard: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 590-SLI MCP Chipset
Memory: 2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair XMS2 Xtreme
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
Operation System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

I dont know much about computers and have no idea whats causing this.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Check all your components and cables to see if any of it is loose.
Check for overheating.

You could also try a different PSU (if you happened to have a spare), or test it. 2 ways you can test it: a PSU tester (go out and buy one), or with the paperclip method.

Paperclip method: unbend a paperclip, and unplug the main connector from the motherboard. Unplug the PSU from everything (including the wall) except for something like an optical drive. Now, with the unbent paperclip, insert one end into the GREEN pin, and then the other end into one of the BLACK pins (any one of them will work). Now, plug your PSU back in, and see if you can operate the optical drive. This is just a basic test mind you, to test to make sure it doesn't jolt back off as soon as you turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom