Pc shuts Off

You can swap HDDs between PCs without problems in limited cases. Mostly however, you're limited by the Hardware Abstraction Layer. I'm sure Hirens Boot CD contains a tool that enables you to match up a HDD to a new chipset, I just can't remember what it's called...

You can swap HDDs between PCs without problems in limited cases. Mostly however, you're limited by the Hardware Abstraction Layer. I'm sure Hirens Boot CD contains a tool that enables you to match up a HDD to a new chipset, I just can't remember what it's called...

Yes, thats what I forgot to mention, HAL - thank you :cool:

Last edited:
So you mean format it so the drive is kindoff seperated in 2 with 1 part only having windows like i did when i did my dualboot?
And if so wouldnt that allready be done since it Can allready run windows fine?

I'm abit confused, but if you have 2 partitions, 1 with orginal windows OS and 1 with another windows OS, you can format the 2nd partition so its empty and reinstall windows on that partition..

the 2nd partition may not have windows installed properly so we recommend you try this to see if it fixes the issue. (make sure you back up any data you want on the 2nd partition)

I'm abit confused, but if you have 2 partitions, 1 with orginal windows OS and 1 with another windows OS, you can format the 2nd partition so its empty and reinstall windows on that partition..

the 2nd partition may not have windows installed properly so we recommend you try this to see if it fixes the issue. (make sure you back up any data you want on the 2nd partition)
How do I do this without windows?

I "nuked" my HDD (removed all files) and reinstalled windows and now everything is fine but i am back to the shutting off problem, does any1 have any new ideas or should i give up and pay 50£ to a computer technician(?)?

Back
Top Bottom