PC shuts down without notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

time to dig this one up. :eek:

Ok so since I still had a garantuee on my pc I throwed it back to the shop... of course I included all my (and your) findings...

They replaced the PSU, motherboard, different RAM etc.
After 2 months I really got anoyed and asked my machine back, of course the problem is still there... (aarrghhh)

Ok now I want to let them replace all other components, but it would be a great thing if I could reproduce this problem within 5 minutes ...
it happens only sometimes when I'm gaming or just downloading for +/- 24 hours...
So I did this : 3dmark 2005, while doing a cpu torture in dual threat and playing some wave files in the mean time.. you know just to get a global heavy load... still it does not shutdown..

So i'm wondering something : Does anybody think that based on f.e. a problem in the architecture of the CPU some kinds of threats in the programming language could generate this shutdown ?
If someone knows a way to reproduce it in any way please let me know. (i'm dual booting with Ubuntu so Linux way is also ok)

The shop also claims they verified timing issues... still i'm non-experienced with that, do you think this kind of problem could generate this shutdown?

Thanks in advance !

check the caps on your Motherboard a lot of pc that we get for repair with this problem of shutting down is sometimes do to a swelled or blown caps. A pc can still run on bad caps, our serves pc ran on bad caps for 3 months before it finely went out for good. The top of a cap should be flat; if there is any bulge or volcano effect at all you mb is shot. This could be caused by to much or to little power from you power supply or a hit from you power line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom