PC shuts down immediatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag28

Baseband Member
For some reason I haven't been able to figure out, whenever I turn on ym PC it just shuts right off 2 or 3 seconds. I built it about a month ago and for that whole month it worked perfectly. Now the last few days it's been acting up for some reason, first my vid card went bad suddenly and now this. It seems almost as if something it shorting it out. I haven't tried a new card yet, but tried to turn it on for the **** of it to see if maybe it just needed to sit for a day or two, when I tried to turn it on the thats when this new problem started.

Specs:

AMD +3800 X2 socket AM2.
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wifi
2Gb Crosair XMS
Antec TrupowerII 550 Watt
Saphirre ATI X1800XT (This is card that fried, haven't tested with a new card but the beeps my MB let out stated that the Vid card was bad.)

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Just watch out when you try a brand new video card that the problem is not related with your motherboard or else it will ruin the new card. I wish I can give you a better explanation but you seem to already figure out the cause.

Good point, I guess Ill pick up a cheap-o vid card form Best Buy or CompUSA and try it before my 7950 comes in.

Make sure the CPU fan is working. One time on my old rig, whilest cleaning the heatsinc, I accidently tore one of the fan wires. It shut off in a few seconds after boot up as a safety precation.

My friend's computer used to do this too. I forgot what I did to fix it though. I did a few things, like re-seat the CPU, change the MOBO battery, clear CMOS dozens of times, disconnect everything that isn't essential, and re-seat the videocard.

Maybe your PSU has burnt out too.

I found the problem, when i was taking out my vid card I unseated my sound card. Just had to pop the sound card back in and comp gets back to normal except the bad vid card. Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom