PC restarts randomly while gaming

VRTX97

Solid State Member
Hello!

Well, the title says it all. It restarts whenever I play games (for example AC4, BF4, etc). It is completely random. Could be an hour, could be less. Once it was like 5 hours. It is not overheating, as it doesn't go higher than 60°C (both cpu and gpu), and it's not the gpu since that was my first suspicion after the fans just keep spining and the pc wouldn't recognize it, so I RMA'd it. They sent me a new one, and it worked fine until it crashed again. I suspect it could be the PSU, but I want a second opinion. Oh, and I first sent it to the store I bought all the pieces in, and they said everything was fine and they sent it back even when the GPU was not being recognized.

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7 - 3770 @ 3.4 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77 D3H
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
RAM: Kingston DDR3 1333MHz (2 sticks) 8GB
GPU: ASUS GTX 670 2GB
PSU: Thermaltake Smart M850w
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Case: Cooler Maste HAF 912

And here's the error in the event log:

- System
- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
EventID 41
Version 3
Level 1
Task 63
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x8000000000000002
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2014-01-19T00:45:47.404700500Z
EventRecordID 3748
Correlation
- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8
Channel System
Computer PEDRO
- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18
- EventData
BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0

the problem may be in the motherboard chipset check it while u r gaming if it is getting hot or not.
I had the same problem with my Desktop solved by replacing it

Have you went into Event Viewer and looked to see if there was some kind of error or crash?

Well that's the only thing I see after every restart
How quickly does the computer restart? Immediately? Or does the screen freeze for a couple seconds? Does the screen go blank for a little while *before* you see the BIOS screen again?

The screen doesn't freeze, it just goes black and the cpu turns off. After 3-6 seconds it turns on again by itself, that's when i see the bios screen and it just goes into windows as if nothing ever happened.

If it completely powers off and back on again, that definitely sounds like the PSU's handy-work. Can you check in the BIOS to make sure all the voltages are all correct?

Sorry, I have been busy. But yes, voltages are all correct. Any other way I can test what is causing the reboot?

Back
Top Bottom