PC Problem or RAM Problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navalsingh

Beta member
Hi,
I decided to upgrade my old computer by adding 512 mb RAM. My pc currently has the following configuration :-
AMD 2.4 GHZ, 256 MB RAM, ATI RADEON 9600 XT - 256 MB and 160 GB HardDisk.
My problem is that the new 512 MB RAM 's which I tried start giving error and computer restarts when when I use them. I tried as many as 3 RAM but all of them gave the same problem.
Kindly tell me is it a RAM Problem or is something wrong with my PC. Also, If there is something wrong with my PC , how can I correct it ?

what kind of ram do you have installed already?

Have you tried taking out the 256 entirely and just putting in the 512?

my first guess would be that your RAM might not be compatible. What's your motherboard?

Hi, I tried using only one 512 MB Ram, but it still showed the same error
My MotherBoard is ASUS A8N32SLI
RAM is 256 MB DDR (Hynix)

thanx , maybe the problem is due to the vendor , but my earlier RAM was also Hynix and it has worked nicely

First try taking out your new stick of ram and see if there is any errors. If so, then you ve found out your problem. If not, put in the new stick and take out the old one, try different slots too.

Yeah taking out the RAM Stick solves the problem and the first time it happened i thought it was a RAM Problem. But the same thing happened with two other RAM sticks and then I realised that it could be a PC compatiblity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom