PC powers up CPU fan high but no boot - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: PC powers up CPU fan high but no boot

Congrats! That's great. I had tried that to no avail. I removed the CPU, checked it was in good shape, no bent pins, oriented correctly and replaced it. No difference for mine though.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

You can add me to the list of this same type of problem. I have been reading alot that the majority have tried new processors with alot of luck. So I think I am going to start there then move to motherboard then to power supply.
Also in my situation my green light on monitor doesn't come on just the yellow blinking. If you have any luck with anything please post.

Thanks!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

The yellow/amber light means no video signal present, so like me, you're not getting any output from the video card. I'm thinking at this stage that either my CPU or RAM are the culprits, but neither are a cheap buy just for the sake of a swap out. Since this mobo was to replace one in another dead PC which seems to behave in a similar fashion, and the only component common to both is the RAM, then I'm zeroing in on that component. I'm seeing if I can borrow a known good stick from a tech friend just to determine this and know if I need to spend on RAM or not.

Closed Thread