pc not turning on - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question pc not turning on

well i just built up everything and ive come to a problem. it doesnt turn on, or even attempt to turn on. so my guess is. i didnt hook up the power sw/restart sw in the right pins (not sure the right terms). but i checked with the motherboard manual and theyre definately in the right spots along with all the leds. also, both power cords are plugged into the motherboard from the psu. so it has power, what else could be wrong. do you think the power supply might be dead? or maybe the power sw is broken?

note: the videocard and hd hasnt arrived yet. but it should still turn on without those right..

Old 07-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

ya, it should still turn out,, try reversing the way the power siwth is in the pins and even use the reset switch for the power,, that way you can rule out of the switches are broke,, also make sure youve the psu connected to the mobo properly,, (i know thats a dumb sugestion)

E6300 Core 2 Duo
2 Gbs OCZ PLatinum 800Mhz
250 Gb Western Digital
OCZ Modsteam 450W
7900GT Gainward
Flux Capacitor....SWEEEET
Old 07-28-2006, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Also you could be grounding out. unscrew the board and slip a static bag between the mobo and the case and try it out. Make sure everything is pluged in tightly. Make sure the ram is pluged all the way in. If that dosnt work you caould have your local shop test the power supply. Or if you have a volt ohm meter you can test it your self.
Closed Thread