pc not starting, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

crf-rider-450

Beta member
hey all.
im having a rather large dilema with my pc. it was running fine for the first 2 hours of operation, brand new system. then it randomly shutdown, i went to turn it back on and it turns on for a split second then shuts back off again. but when u dont suply the cpu with power (p4 connection) it turns on and stays on, but doesnt do anything obviously :p. so is it a cpu fault or a motherboard fault, or could something just not be set/plugged in correctly.
my system specs are as follow.

Intel Pentium D 950 3.4ghz 2x2mb cache.
Asus P5N32-SLI deluxe
Silverstone ST60F 600 Watt
OCZ Platinum PC2-4200 EB R2 DDR2 1024Mb/1Gb (2x512)
Asus EN7800GTX 256

Cheers. Rodney.

my power bill is quite cheap lol.
its had 12 hours to cool down, ive reset the bios.
ive done almost everything in the meanings of reseating and resetting, but it still does it, turn it on, shuts off straight away again. but if u remove the p4 connector it stays on, just doesnt post, so my conclusion is, my cpu is cooked ??.

well it wasnt near overclocked, well u know on most SLI boards u have the 8 pin EPS, well i use to have a DFI expert board and i got told to plug a p4 connector into it instead of the 8 pin eps cos u only need the 8 pins if ur using SLI, i assumed it was the same on this board, should i get a 8 pin EPS converter and try that ??.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom