PC Not booting after storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all these components have one connection in common, directly or indirectly - the motherboard. Maybe it could have indirectly zapped the video card from a surge to the motherboard (via the PSU) and throughout the circuits on the mobo and then to the video card. Not sure it thats possible even. Why wouldn't it be ?

Actually that's what I've been trying to prepare him for. If it's done that I'm betting he has multiple problems.

Yes and your response to him was spot on with troubleshooting IMO. ;) I hope it isn't anything serious for his sake. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for all your replies, I've phoned my house insurance company and they are going to sort it out, just stuck using my crappy old lap top in the mean time......

It's hard to say what it is because the constant beep error only makes that noise when i have the power from the psu to my gfx card unplugged. If i take out the gfx card and boot up i still get no error beeps. When i boot with no ram connected i get no error beeps. I've not even tried removing the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom