PC monitor not connecting to tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

avfcalex

Solid State Member
Just tried to link up my monitor and computer tower today, and it wouldn't work, the monitor was on, but said no signal.
i thought the lead might be a problem, the ones with blue ends, VGA leads that link the pc to pc.
so i therefore wet to the other computer in the house to try it out. Once again didn't work, but then when i put the other computers original ga lead back in, it turned on, but said no signal, just like the one upstairs.
so now i have two monitors that turn on, without any signal.
I stress that the other monitor was working perfectly before i took it out to test the other wire, so where exactly have i gone wrong?
all the pins are perfect, i tell you what, lets concentrate on this question first, why is a monitor that was working perfectly, now not working, with exactly the same wire in tower and monitor.
help would be greatly appreciated,

1)Turn off computer and try again.
Turn off the power at the PSU (switch on back), then hold down the ATX switch (on button on the front of the case for 30 seconds to clear residual charge in capacitors. Switch back on.

2)Check all cables to make sure they are tight.
Also make sure that your monitor is actually plugged into the right GFX card.

3)Reseat your GFX if you are using one. Might have moved while trying to plug in monitor.

4)Clear the CMOS.

Your welcome. Glad we could be of service and enjoy your stay with us here at Tech-Forums. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom