PC keeps rebooting and turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynostroza

Beta member
This is the most frustrating problem! Last week i was noticing when I was using Itunes my computer would go into like hibernation mode, which i disabled it that feature. Anyways yesterday my friend came over and I was burning him a dvd of all my photos and right in the middle my computer just again turned into hibernation mode BUT now its off and it keeps turning on for 5 seconds then shuts off then turns on then shuts off etc...I dont have any spare parts so i cant test anything, nor can I go into the bios because my monitor doesnt get a signal.

Has anyone experienced this before? I had an extra power supply laying around so i tried that and still the same thing. I dont want to have to go buy all these parts just to eliminate the possibilites of what could be wrong.

Hmm, if your OS is windows vista and windows 7 you might want to shut down hibernation mode if you really don't need it.
The only time I recommend that is for netbooks that don't have a good a battery life or the normal laptop that goes on for long period of time and giving the cpu a break to cool down.

Follow these instructions and you should be fine for now, and make sure to save your settings.

You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself off altogether. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies. Here's how to prevent your computer from entering a power-saving state:

1.Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

2.On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings next to the selected plan.

3.On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

4.On the Advanced settings tab, double-click Sleep, double-click Sleep after, and then do one of the following:

•If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.

•If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.

5.Double-click Hibernate after, and then do one of the following:

•If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.

•If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.

6.If you also want the display to stay turned on, double-click Display, double-click Turn off display after, and then do one of the following:

7.Click OK, and then click Save changes.

New computer (basically) and no video

So I had an issue with my old motherboard, I didnt have any spare parts so my dad suggested to buy a new one with his credit card (cant say no to that!) anyways i bought a asus mobo/cpu combo and well i put it in my case the fans turned on but no screen, so I bought new memory, that didnt do nothing, so I tried three different PSU and still nothing. I've tried stripping it down with nothing connected except the PSU (obviously) and the memory and my dvd drive, nothing. I had a similar problem with my arcade cab, I would turn it on and a flash would come on my monitor but went black, and I remember out of depseration just start tapping keys and without knowing what i did the screen just came on, but I dont know what button or combo i did. I tried everything here, can someone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom