PC keeps Reading floppy and beeps Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prouddad

Solid State Member
Hi! Everyone! I have never used a forum before, so please inform me if I do things wrong.
My problem is that my computer keeps reading the floppy drive and has one beep every 10 seconds or so. Nothing shows up on the monitor either. Before this problem, I received the blue screen of death at startup and my pc kept restarting. Now I have the above problem. Please help as I have been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks now.
Things I tried already that did not work:
1.) I changed the RAM,
2.) I changed video card,
3.) I reset BIOS,
4.) removed all PCI Cards, and replaced one at a time,
5.) Cried like a baby ( kidding)

If you reset the BIOS then it would default back to first boot from floppy. Probably why on boot your system is trying to boot from a floppy.

Go into the BIOS and change the boot sequence from First Boot to Floppy ---TO--- First boot from the HDD with your OS installed on it.

If this doesn't work, repost.

As stated in my first post, I am unable to view anything on the monitor. So I can't go into the BIOS, thanks anyways.

Nothing is beening displayed on the monitor? Check and make sure that the RAM Modules are seated properly.

What type of videocard do you have?

The ram is seated perfectly, as I have tested 6 different sticks of RAM with luck.

My video card is a GeForce 4 Titanium 4200 with 128mb, and I already tried 4 other video cards.

Things I tried already that did not work:
1.) I changed the RAM,
2.) I changed video card,
3.) I reset BIOS,
4.) removed all PCI Cards, and replaced one at a time.

I can't believe this is happening.

the beeps are a code, the motherboard's way of telling you what's wrong (since it can't tell you any other way)

go here, and depending on what your BIOS is, search for what you think is the beep code you're getting.
that should tell you generally where the problem is.

Everything tells me it is the RAM. The AMI BIOS Beep code is RAM, my diagnostic card said RAM. I have changed the RAM 6 different times.

I wish I knew if the CPU or MB was finished or not.

It has been 2 1/2 weeks working with this problem. If I don't figure it out today, it goes to PC Heaven.
Thanks All!!!111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom