PC keeps freezing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamPNE

Baseband Member
My PC keeps randomnly freezing on me. There is nothing wrong with it when I use it (in between freezes) but suddenly, every half hour or so, it freezes and nothing works. It doesn't reboot, it just freezes and I can't do anything apart from turn it off or restart it.

I originally thought it was the power supply, as I have a 79000GS which recommends that the power supply for it is 450W, whilst my old PSU is 400W. I bought an OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU which came yesterday. Everything was working fine until about an hour ago, when it started freezing again.

I have not run any tests on it because I am not sure what to do!

Thanks.

Edit: My spec:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Mobo: ALive NF4G-DVI
GPU: GeForce 7900GS 256mb
RAM: 1GB (2 x 512mb) Kingston ValueRAM PC2-5300 (333mhz)

79000GS waa! is that something , j//k

you should take a look at your ram for any errors or instability , also what temps are you getting from that 3500+ ?

OK so I fixed it now (for anyone who cares). Turns out it was the wireless network card - was just a random idea to take it out and see what happened! Oh well I guess there's no internet on my PC until I go back to uni.

it could be that it was a driver associated with the wireless adapter. the card itself may be fine. also note that when trouble shooting it's always best to remove all none essential things such as your wireless card, modem, etc. and add them back one at a time to see if it re occurs. good job on your fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom