PC just keeps restarting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

newguy4

In Runtime
I am having trouble with my PC all it does is keeps restarting over and over and the screen comes up with the 3 safe mode options and last known good configuration and start windows normally. I have tried doing last know good config and starting windows normally and all it does it try to get into my homepage and then restarts and stops on the same screen and keeps going. Any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it?

I know the CPU is a AMD 3200+ Video Card 6800 GT Hardrive Seagate 80 GB 1 MB RAM if that helps

When did this start happening, did you do anything to it before this, Like add new Hardware, new game, updated drivers, new software?

actually it just happened and I had been installing stuff because mysterisly before my system config disappeared and I had to reformat. So yes new drivers and new software.

When you say boot up a CD you just mean any old CD would like a music one work or what?

P.S. I just looked in advanced bios heat and couldnt find anything about temperature where should I look?

Ok since this now looks to be a driver issue, boot into safe mode w/ networking and update your drivers. Try them out and see if you can boot up after each updated driver.

If you remember the last one you did before this issue started, start with that one.

bradybnmci said:
Ok since this now looks to be a driver issue, boot into safe mode w/ networking and update your drivers. Try them out and see if you can boot up after each updated driver.

If you remember the last one you did before this issue started, start with that one.

sorry I dont know much about using computers is safe mode what do you do when you are in safe mode with networking to update each driver?

now it wont even let me get into safe mode says NTLDR is missing. What in the world do I do?

I dont have the xp cd unfortanetly and I rad a hard drive diagnostic (I think its called that) and said that 10 sectors were bad 2 were in use of the file names windows/system32/config/software other is /$BadClus. What should I do replace all, replace multiple, or replace none? Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom