PC to HDTV - audio problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via ICQ to madking153
Default PC to HDTV - audio problem

Recently I connected my PC to a HDTV via a DVI - HDMI cable ( as a second display ). The problem is - my TV is situated in front of the room and my PC is in behind of the room. So when i played videos and display it in the TV , the audio come from my PC speakers which is behind of the audience .

So what Can I do so that I can have audio near the TV? for example , buy additional set of speaker and plug it when I play video on the TV via PC....

ANy suggestio?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via MSN to CntdwnToExtn
Default Re: PC to HDTV - audio problem

Easiest and cheapest is to just re-arrange the room to accommodate the TV and PC on the same wall beside each other.

Another way is setting up a Home Theatre - receiver and speakers - and running your PC through the receiver. Of course that costs money.

You can also run audio cable from your PC to TV - assuming you have the required hookups for each - and run the sound off the the TV speakers.

You can get a surround sound PC speaker system and simply reverse the outputs in your audio software to make the front the back and backs the front.

Either way, time or money will be required.

[110.7896] Getting up from chair
[112.8798] Walking to fridge
[118.5234] Opening Fridge
[119.1439] CntdwnToExtn panic - no beer: Fridge empty!

Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via ICQ to madking153
Default Re: PC to HDTV - audio problem

thanks for the reply. Now I am using a logitech Z3 for my PC , and I plan to get a USB speaker logitech z10 that I can placed near the tv.

My question is, will the audio signal delay and distort if the new speaker is connected to PC via a 5m long USB cable ?
Closed Thread