PC gaming issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default PC gaming issue

Hello,

To and and all that may have a solution on my current issue.

To start my pc is about a year old and ran awesomely until i decided to update the bios. The bios flash failed and left my mobo unusable so i RMA'D it and they fixed it or so it seems like it.

After rebuilding the pc and updating all the drivers the gaming aspect just isnt what is used to be. FPS are down games glitches pauses and stops. and just over all lag. I used to be able to keep everything on high settings. Now ever on medium or low its still an issue.

Anyone know what the deal is?

Here are my current specs

CPU: Intel i5 4670k
GPU: MSI AMD 290x
MOBO: Asus Gaming
Ram: 8 gig
HDD: 1.5 T.B
PSU: 850w

Mechmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: PC gaming issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechmancer View Post
Hello,

After rebuilding the pc and updating all the drivers the gaming aspect just isnt what is used to be. FPS are down games glitches pauses and stops. and just over all lag. I used to be able to keep everything on high settings. Now ever on medium or low its still an issue.

Well I'm going to need you to answer somethings so we can or attempt to narrow down the problem.

1.What Asus motherboard do you have also can you look on the back of the mobo and tell us the revision number ?
2.Please tell us the full model name and number the gpu without that we won't know what you have.
3.Please list the name and model of your psu look on the label on the side and copy what it says.
4. what games do you play normally and what video settings do you have.
Also at what speed is your cpu currently clocked at ?

-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: PC gaming issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechmancer View Post
Hello,

To and and all that may have a solution on my current issue.

To start my pc is about a year old and ran awesomely until i decided to update the bios. The bios flash failed and left my mobo unusable so i RMA'D it and they fixed it or so it seems like it.

MOBO: Asus Gaming
Ram: 8 gig
HDD: 1.5 T.B
PSU: 850w
When you rebuilt the system, did you properly clean the old thermal paste off of the CPU/heatsink, and re-apply new thermal paste?

Have you checked your temps for your GPU/CPU to see if your system is throttling itself?

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is online now   Reply With Quote