PC freezes when windows logo loads and restarts when entering Safe Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now noticed another irritated issue, in this whole freezing and restarting concept. Basically, when I start the PC, nothing appears on the monitor...I am obliged to play around with the LED wires and all....or to restart the PC a few times for the **** screen to appear....
This seriously isn't getting easy..

kernal89 can't even get into safe mode when getting past the initial post screens.

Putting a supply problem aside you may be looking at a bad cap on the board causing a problem unless the bios chip is on the way out to one of those casue the sudden restarts. But it sounds like the optical drive may the problem with seeing the installation hang. That wouldn't cause the restarts but would see a problem copying the installation files to the drive.

at what point do you get the bluescreen when installing windows? I had this happen before to, and i had to update the bios on my PC because it was not compatable with windows xp service pack 1.

That would have to be an old board now since SP2 has been out for a few years now. A shaky bios would see boot problems and possible unexpected restarts while posting but not be a main cause for the almost normal startup until pressing the F8 key and then seeing a restart. Windows stalling later could be a memory problem if not a now corrupted copy of Windows from something like a bad install of a new program or possible virus?

kernel , hate to say it but you need a new motherboard I think.

sounds like part of the mobo is faulty and cutting the power circuit causing the computer to restart

Nothing seen onscreen without any beep codes could suggest a failing video card there. That wouldn't explain the restarts but the lack of seeing anything if it seems to post normally without picture. Have you tried reseating the video card and memory? Get a can of air cleaner and blow the dust out.

I think it is a windows problem a file is corupt.
At start press F8 and choose option Not restart if error found.
Then the computer will restart and if you get a blue screen with text(tell you the adress of error and what is it) it is afile corupt.Just reinstal windows or use recovery console.

I think it is a windows problem a file is corupt.
At start press F8 and choose option Not restart if error found.
Then the computer will restart and if you get a blue screen with text(tell you the adress of error and what is it) it is afile corupt.Just reinstal windows or use recovery console.

only problem with your logic is that in the third post or so kernel mentions that he already tried to reinstall windows from booting off the disc but it restarted during the install.

It actually wasn't that old of a mother board, the drivers for it had just not been compatible with SP1..... got it for 100 bux on newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom