PC freezes, What do i replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimli of gloin

In Runtime
Alright, this first started happpening about a week ago whilst playing WoW. Basically my computer freezes for about 10 sec then unfreezes, then just keeps doing this while playing. Before this started happening i always got glitch like things during the game, which i found out where because of overheating graphics card. Now at present my PC will load to the user screen then freeze. I have cleaned out all dust from the graphic and cpu heatsinks and i have placed a house fan into the case and it still happens. Now looking at both heatsinks i could see very little heat transfer stuff (it had been worn away). So im thinking i will reapply that. I was wondering if that doesnt work what should i replace. My system i would guess to be 5 years old.
400w PSU
2.6 Ghz Celeron such and such
6600GT 128mb (upgraded)
512mb DDR400 ram
ASUS P4533-X

Should i buy more fans? Should i buy another PSU? Should i use this PC as a doorstop and buy another? Is it a Hard drive Probem?

Thankyou in advance for any and all help.

If you have a lower-end video card, that could be causing the problem, or the game just could be lagging when you play online.

Well my video card was causing glitches before. but now the computer is just freezing when WoW isnt even on, Like just after i start up my computer and get to the user screen it freezes. Also my graphics card is really hot after like 5 min of the computer being on. :S i think it is a PSU problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom