PC freezes w/new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramzes

Beta member
My mobo burned after some problem with energy supplier. I bought new one online, that should be capable of handling my video, memory, cpu. But i have a problem with it. Sometimes when I start my PC, my OS freezes (Win XP) after short period of time, sometimes it does run quit a while and then freezes... My PC often freezes when I play Unreal Tournament 99 Online, but it didn't freeze when I was playing GTA vice city which uses more resources...
Sometimes my mobo just restarts by itself...

I downloaded some program in order to fully load my pc (cpu, memory, hdd not video) and it didn't freeze. Temperature of CPU hit 46C and doesn't go up under that program. I run it like for 30 min.

Now i don't know what could be the problem... My Win is newly installed on a formated portion of the disk...

My old mobo was: ECS Elitgroup K7VTA3

my new mobo is Abit KV7 socket 462 (little faster than the old one) w/Amd XP 2600 (running at about 1.9GHz) w/Volcano 8 CPU fan (big heatsink)
OS winXP service pack 1
Hard drive is western digital
512 mb PC 3200
Video: Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 256 mb (new driver)
Directx 9 c
i bought new PSU because the old one (manufactured) burned so now i have ultra connect 2 550watt atx PSU

could it be Hard drive or video or MOBO?

I'll be gratefull for any suggestions or ideas!

thank you

OK...

I got that program... Run it several times for like 4-5 hours it worked fine (no errors). Once I left it like 8-9 hours, but my PC probably rebooted itself, because the program wasn't working on my desktop after I turned my monitor on.

Anyway....

I put anothr video: Radeon 7000 64 mb.

My PC doesn't freeze or shuts down that frequently as with GForce but it still happened couple of times. I run Unreal Tournament and it does freeze as with GForce, but not that frequently.

And, while I'm playing the game the images goes like this: I'm accelerating for miliseconds, than I'm slowing down, than again. It's like wave: up and down.

So now I'm little confuse... Is it mobo? Could it be because of overheating somewhere near agp slot. Because GForce has 256 mb and has more workload and more energy from psu goes into it than with Radeon and that is why PC freezes more frequently with GForce than with Radeon.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

That shouldnt be a problem cause the video card has its own memory. Looks like you should have plenty of power. You may want to check the power supply for output or have it checked.
I know its new but should check anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom