pc freezes until smacked

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
I used to do that to my old PC from 1998
and noticed on few others also

it would randomly freeze for example while loading a page or opening a program and just lag forever
until you punch or smack it then page loads instantly and program opens

anyone what causes that?
why does it react to violence lol

is it corroded points on components or cold solder somewhere?

my laptop is doing it right now.
G62 hp laptop fresh copy of windows 10 updated etc
with SSD system drive

I would wait 5-10 seconds and blank page shows loading
smack the laptop and page appears instantly , works every time regardless of how long I wait for it to load it shows up instantly as soon as I smack it

I've said it all along that percussion is a real, legitimate, and completely not-fake method of remediation.
RnK5Xk4.png

Hi,
The only explanation that I could think of is the hard drive. The spinning disk disables information from being read from it because it's slightly out of place and then you smack it and it works normally again. That's a really long shot and I could very possibly be wrong but that's the only explanation that I can think of.

Sounds a lot like my kids- they "freeze" and fail to lift a finger to doing anything around the house -until they get "smacked" . Since they are now 17-22 years old - the "smacked" is yelling and making them feel guilty - lol.

Hi,
The only explanation that I could think of is the hard drive. The spinning disk disables information from being read from it because it's slightly out of place and then you smack it and it works normally again. That's a really long shot and I could very possibly be wrong but that's the only explanation that I can think of.

It cant be a hard drive error. OP mentioned he has an SSD

indeed
my HP laptop has an SSD drive now and i can wait for like 10-15 seconds for a page to load
if i smack it page loads instantly no matter how long it was frozen for.

i mean i wouldnt give it a thought but its pretty consistent where it kinda gets constipated until i smack it and then it just clears up lol

Back
Top Bottom