PC doesn't recognize USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Oh okay, so if I want I can use a Linux cd to get my data back? I though linux was an OS lol.

It is an OS. A very powerful one at that. With certain distributions of Linux such as Knoppix you can create what's called a LiveCD which boots the Linux OS from the CD instead of a hard drive. You can still do almost everything with the OS other than writing directly to the OS drive of course.

Linux can read Windows partitions as well as it's own ext partitions. Sadly I can't say the same vice-versa. Windows can only read it's own. If the repair install goes badly you can use a LiveCD to access your files on the drive and copy them. Then you can perform a full reformat/reinstall of Windows with your needed files safe.

That's fine if you have any questions when you have found a CD and are ready to perform the repair don't hesitate to ask.

^ Ok thank you. I just have one more question let's say I did use the Linux it would just find all the deleted files and put them all back where they were?

No the repair install won't delete your files it might just make the disk unreadable to Windows. Then you would use the Linux CD to be able to read the drive again and copy the files over. It does no physical harm to your disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom