Pc Cuts out Power off

Status
Not open for further replies.

KpCollins

Baseband Member
So ive been waiting like just over a week for my replacement PSu to arrive and it finally did, I connected it up and started my PC.

Everything was fine but for some reason after 5-15 mins the pc just turns off as though ive just unplugged the power. Ive tried Various things without any luck.

Ebuyer where i bought it from didnt have the same PSu in stock so sent a replacement which isnt brill but looks decent enough, Its a PowerCool 950Watt PSU, Im running 5 Case fans off it and 2 GTX 275's.

The reason for my replacement was because my other had a Screw that fellinside and went POP.

So ive tried a few things, I cut power to one of the GTX 275's 1st, that didnt work so I swapped them around. This didnt work, Ive unplugged the reset switch and the HDD light and reconnected the power switch encase this was shorting it out. Ive tried alternating my RAM and even the bare Basics my PC needs to run. Now im left with My Mobo ( Asus H3T Mempipe ), 2 HDD's the Ram and Arctic Cooler 7 connected and it seems stable.

I have 3 PCI-e Slots and im going to be trying both GTX 275's in each one, one at a time without any of the fans connected.

After this ive tried everything I can think of.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

If it's stable with minimal hardware, either the PSU is faulty, or another piece of hardware was taken out with the old PSU. I have never heard of this brand, and it seems to be available only in the UK. One thing that others will probably disagree with me on around here, try to stick to a single rail PSU that has a high amperage on the 12v rail, that unit should be capable of powering everything, but it could be a poorly built unit, or 20 amps on each 12v rail causes issues with your graphics cards if they pull more than 20 amp each.

I might be contacting them yea and explaining this to them. In the end taking store credit and putting too for an Antec 850W TX thingy ive seen.

Anyways, Ive connected the GTX 275 to the Middle PCI-e port ( The one that was empty at the time my last PSU popped ).
Im on my Fiance's Laptop so my PC has been sat Idle with the Zotac GTX 275 Connected Fan on 100% and the Basics connected as before. So far its not reset which wasnt the case before, Im going to test it on COD BA next to see how it handles stress.

I think you've went from a bad power supply to a bad power supply. If the manufacturer is unknown there's usually a reason for it.

This is a Really Noo question and i feel ashamed i dont know the answer.

The PSu is Dual Rail, It has a 8 Pin ESP12v Thingy, the pc cuts out when i stress the GPU but without the GPU connected ive no way of testing the CPU ( Phenom Quad Core 955 )

I connected only 4 of the 8 Pins because i didnt see that my Mobo supported it, now i see a Clip which i opened and my Mobo does support all 8. Could this be the reason why its been cutting out?

Cant Believe i missed that

So I tried that and it still turned off, Ive spoken to ebuyer who are going to refund me with store credit. Ive also come to the asumption that it is indeed the PSU as I can play games if I dont mind my computer turning off half way through and ive tried everything else. ( Correct me if im wrong please do )

Ive seen 3 Different PSU's which im going to have to add extra but not a problem. Just need advise on which.

Corsair 850W TX Series PSU - 140mm Fan - 5 Year Warranty | Ebuyer.com - Corsair
Corsair TX 850W V2 PSU - 80plus Bronze Certified | Ebuyer.com - Corsair #2
Coolermaster Silent Pro 850W Modular PSU | Ebuyer.com - Cooler Master

Which one would be best with these specs?

AMD Phenom II 955 BE
X2 2gb 1066 DDR2 Ram
1 Samsung F3 HDD 1TB + 1 Maxtor HDD 160GB
Asus M3N-HT Mempipe Deluxe ( With Mempipes taken off )
1 Sony Optiarc DVD RW
X2 GTX 275 ( One Massivly OC'd ) - Something Like 702/25xx/15xx
Antec 900 Case with 5 Fans set to High
1 Internal Fan - Runs @ like 3.5K RPM ( I think? )

Thanks for your help and sorry to sound like an Idiot. Also if you know of a better choice under or just around £100 please advise.

Thank you

Asus M3N-HT Mempipe Deluxe ( With Mempipes taken off )

Now you've sparked a concern, what exactly do you mean by "With Mempipes taken off"?

KpCollins said:
X2 GTX 275 ( One Massivly OC'd ) - Something Like 702/25xx/15xx

This could also be a problem and it could be causing your problem. When SLI is enabled if you overclock one card your actually overclocking both cards. And a Massive Overclock can easily cause your system to shutdown. Until you fix your problem you should run everything at stock speeds.

KpCollins said:
Which one would be best with these specs?

I would go with either Corsair PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom