PC crashing need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawzy202

Beta member
I have been working on this pc for about a 2 weeks and i just can't seem to figure out the problem. It began with shutting down for no reason when it shuts down screen goes black pc stays on even the power to the mouse and kb is out. I thought my PSU might be giving out so i order a new one 750WATT. Plugged it in turned it on worked for 3 days and it crashed again same thing. So i ordered new video card HD 5770 plugged it in worked for 2 days new updates screen popped up it started downloading and guess what happened? it crashed black screen pc stays on. Then it became hard to get the pc to work again you can turn it on but no video only black screen. I started playing with the memory and managed to boot it up on 2 sticks. But it just crashes again and i have to play with the memory and unplugging the PSU for a while to get it to work. I ran memory tests programs like mem86 i think is the name for 10 hours no errors and this is on 3 sticks of memory pc will not run on the 4th one for some reason. I tried clean install of windows didn't work and it seems to crash every time i try to download new updates. I am currently running Burnintest CPU failed and the screen went blank with color lines across it. Ran memory test PASSED currently running video test could it be CPU its not overclocked any one got any ideas? as i am getting ready to get my sledge hammer

Video test complete passed did 2D test black screen again pc stays on

What are your complete, exact system specifications?

You bought a 750 watt power supply, who is the Manufacturer?

Seeing as it looks like your last options for swat testing is your mobo + cpu, id expect it to be your mb as it appears to be power distribution related. Also, mobos are far more problematic in general than CPU's... Iv had 3 in the past 8 years actually DOA immediatly after buying them from the shops!!

Here is another strange thing the pc seems stable now when i have ram in slot 1 and slot 3 if i try adding any stick in to slot 2-4 it will boot up but nothing on the screen as before. Ran all kinds of tests with the ram in 1-3 slots and it didn't crash what does this mean? I am having a feeling that MB might be dying but this is just weird i have played games pushing the system to max and it was very stable but like i said before with memory sticks in slots 1-3 only

When u have sticks in slots 1 and 3, swap them out with the other 2 sticks, just to check and see there is nothing wrong with the sticks... But it sounds like you could have a board that supports 2 different types / speeds of ram? Is this a possibility? Because often slot 1 and 3 will be 1 type and 2 n 4 will be another type... Food for thought... If its not ur ram that is the problem and your board doesnt support 2 different types of ram, then all signs point to the MB as far as i can see m8ey.

Also... are you using all 4 sticks of identical RAM? if not, one or more of the sticks could be the problem... you could try running the system with just 1 of each stick in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom