PC Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I keep testing for 24 hours? I tested it for like 8 and there were no errors. Then another 2 hours and no errors. Everytime I boot up it says I have a hard disk error. When I first built it, it worked perfect for an hour then after that everything goes really slow. If I try to load a file from a usb, it crashes.

If you tested for 8 hours it's very likely nothing is wrong with your RAM. I would move on to the hard drive now.

Well I'm not sure how long the test for the Hard Drive is suppose to take, but once I popped it in a couple seconds later this is what I got.

TURBODSK 2.42 Drive C:

Size: 4096 Kbytes
Sector Size: 512
Boot Entries: 384
Sectors/Cluster:4
2040 clusters (FAT12)​
Memory: Extended (XMS)

Correct me if I'm wrong but its showing my RAM?

It also says that my RAM is loaded at C:

im sure it takes more than a couple of seconds. i'd let it run for a few minutes (or hours) and see what it says. i cant tell you specifics, i have WD hard drives.

Well I didn't get a scanning thing, I got a program that was suppose to set up my hard drive...and so basically I deleted everything off the hard drive and I guess I installed it to make it usable?

SeaTools is the best utility out there. Tests all drives properly even ones not produced by Seagate. Burn the ISO just like you did with MemTest :). Once it's burned click on Test at the top and choose the Advanced Test. Should take two or three hours to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom