PC Continuously Restarting! Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreysnyder04

Beta member
I was given this PC to try and fix. Im not 100% sure what caused it to be like this but it might be electrical related. It boots up, gets through BIOS, then gets to the screen which asks you for an option: Start Windows Normally, In Safe Mode, Safe mode with networking, Last known good configuration. It then counts down for 30 seconds until rebooting. If you choose any option it will start to load, then go right into reboot and your back where you started. If anyone has any ideas for me to try please post them. Thanks!

Have you tried a known good power supply? that is one thing that can cause random restarts. another common thing is overheating.

When I choose an option it will flood the screen with its loading sequences and then just stop and reboot mid-load.

Have you tried a known good power supply? that is one thing that can cause random restarts. another common thing is overheating.

It doesnt seem to be very random if he cant get past the same area. Ive had the same problem with computers at my school, but since it was my schools, I never cared enough to really investigate it. Always just reformatted the bugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom