PC casing is leaking current

Status
Not open for further replies.

imran.voidmain

Beta member
Dear Friends,

I purchased a new PC few days back. Problem is that its "casing" is leaking current which can be felt while touching it. I've both three pin and two pin cables and i am having problem with both. I also experienced same problem with my previous two PCs which both died due to motherboard failure.

Many people told me that the problem is not with the casing, instead there is some problem with my power outlet which is not providing grounding

I dont have qualified electricians at my location. Can any one tell me how can i ground my power outlet or my computer casing. I would be extremely grateful if you can explain me or tell me about any good resource on internet which provides illustrations for grounding.

Thanking you very much

Are you sute you have the motherboard mounted correctly. Usually any power issues that involve touching the case mean that the motherboard isnt mounter correctly and a short circut is happening.

2 pin cables are not grounded. they have an active wire and a neutral wire. three pin cables are grounded, they have active, neutral and ground wires. all pc's should use 3 pin cables. unless there is something seriously wrong with the electrical wiring your pc should be grounded. but like mr_threepwood said it could be caused by the motherboard touching the case but i see this as unlikely because that should cause a short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom