PC BOOTS UP MONITOR STAYS BLACK

Putrescent

Solid State Member
Hello I have been trying to fix my computer issue for over a week now here is the problem. When I turn on the computer the DVD drive makes the noise likes its booting up but does this for a long period of time then finally SOMETIMES i get a beep. When I get a beep sometimes the mouse and keyboard lights will turn on sometimes nothing. When the mouse and keyboard lights do turn on the HD light starts flickering like its booting to the desktop. BUT the monitor still wont turn on the power light on the monitor just blinks. The monitor is plugged through DVI. I bought a new DVI cord didn't fix it I bought a new video card didn't fix it. I have 4 sticks of 1g RAM I have tried using one in each different slot. I have tried a different piece of RAM to every slot swapping them. I unplugged all components minus HD, CPU, and one stick of RAM and still wont fix issue. I hooked up my monitor to a friends computer with analog and works fine I did same on my computer with analog still nothing. Tonight I took apart everything to barebone and put back together still same issue. Oh I also took out the MOBO battery for 2 minutes and replaced with a new one still nothing. Please help me here are my specs:

AMD Athlon X2 6000
4g RAM
NVIDIA GTX 260
XFI Titanium sound card
Asus M2NE-SLI MOBO
750W PSU

Gee um ok,
Right Ram comes in pairs, double check yours are paired up as purchased, even to the point of using just 2 rather than all 4. mobo manual (if available will tell you more)
disconnect your PC, remove and reinsert your video card, ensuring it is fully inserted.
if you have the manual, also have a look for a beep code dictionary, (may or may not be any help)
What video card is it?
Does it have a vga or HDMI connection you could try aswell?
VGA Drivers installed?
A reset BIOS default settings shouldn't cause this kind of problem, so run on default settings till solved.
Ensure all your cables, particuarly power are properly connected,
Maybe check your PSU output vs your systems consumption. 750 seems to be enough any peripherals pulling alot of juice?
Disconnect your Cd drive, just to see

Just some ideas

I am having a similar problem with my new build I am doing... just the other day I booted up my computer for the very first time and it worked just fine. I was able to access BIOS, the whole sha-bang. The drives all read, all fans are spinning, the disc drive does it's little sound, CPU fan is spinning, power is 100%, everythings fine. My guess is that it was my grahpics card (not sure yet, I ordered a new one it should be here sometime this week,) because I went out today and bought a brand new monitor and no change. And it literally happened at random, did a couple reboots, blah blah blah, and then one random start up it didn't show up anymore... any help?

Back
Top Bottom