Pc boots up but no input

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbloomer

Solid State Member
The Pc turns on All fans spin. Led lights kick on but no signal to the monitor the monitor works fine with the other pcs I tried it on. The ram is still good. The light on the vid card lights green up green. no post beeps. Tried taking the video card out and using onboard still nothing. The computer has booted up before. It not working is a recent problem. I think it might be the motherboard but hoping not due to the unseating the processor to rma it.

Specs
XCLIO A380BK Fully Black SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
Amd Phenom x4 9950 black edition 125w processor
Corsair Xms series 4GB (2x 2GB) ddr2 ram
Western Digital 400GB Hdd Sata2
XFX PVT98WYDFH GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
coolmax cuq-1200b psu
windows xp sp2

I thought you mentioned in your other thread it was a PSU related problem?

If you have a Multimeter, test out each rail on the PSU using it.

I thought it was at first but, I don't think it is now, because I didnt think it had the right cpu pin but it does, I checked it under the specs on newegg. I have it hooked up right and now im thinking mobo/vid card is the only thing i can think off.

Have you reset cmos?
yes
tried to boot with just one stick of ram?
yes, also seated the ram into another pc ram is fine
rechecked all psu connections?
yes ill check again tho
striped computer to just psu, mb, ram, gpu and cpu?
no ill try to unhook my fans
tried a different gpu?
no other gpu

unhook cd drives and hard drives as well. You could also try to boot with the mb outside of the case.

try your gpu in another computer if possible.
boot without any ram to see if the mb beeps at you.

Just double check to see if there is an 8-pin connector on your board or a Molex that you need to plug in.. otherwise it won't work at all.. and it'll look like it shorted.

i have a 4 pin connector to the mb and the 4 pin molex also both plugged in, but with my gpu still seated and no ram would it not beep cus of the 512mb gddr3 ram on the vid card?

no it should freak out with no ram seated. If it does not that is a problem. Are you sure the motherboard speaker is functional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom