PC ALWAYS crashes after a night sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBringSolutions

Solid State Member
Hi,

My PC has been plagued with this crash syndrome for the longest time.

I thought it my be virus related so I formatted everything and installed a fresh new copy of XP, but this morning the problem was back.

Problem is this. Computer works fine all day, but when I shut down for the night and reboot in the morning it crashes and auto reboots and then it's it's "usually" fine for the day.

People I've asked say maybe the computer is over heating, but I find that strange since it normally only crashes after I reboot in the morning - after the PC has been shot down for a long period.

PC is running off an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ with 1 GB of ram and am 80 GB hard drive - only 5 GB of which is currently used.

Does anyone know what could cause a PC to crash after you boot it from a long shut down period; such as over night?

Thanks!

PJ

Are you able to write down the error code(s)? If it just flashes and then reboots, look in your BIOS and find the setting that tells it to reboot on error and change it to 'no' so you will be able to see it. That code will allow someone to look it up.

BSOD? Dumping mem?

What is BSOD?

Are you able to write down the error code(s)? If it just flashes and then reboots, look in your BIOS and find the setting that tells it to reboot on error and change it to 'no' so you will be able to see it. That code will allow someone to look it up.

When I set it so that it doesn't automatically reboot the computer just sits there with the monitor gone a blackish blue and there isn't anything I can do other than reboot. When it does reboot automatically a window pop up asking me if I want to send the FATAL error message to Microsoft at which point I think I can see the error code.

PJ

BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death

So we're not getting any codes on the blackish/blue screen, but an error code on the report?

If so post us up the code, could be a hardware issue.

BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death

So we're not getting any codes on the blackish/blue screen, but an error code on the report?

If so post us up the code, could be a hardware issue.

BSOD sounds about right!

Tell me... is there a location where I can look for this error code?

PJ

Yes, if an error code is present it will either be listed on the BSOD before physical memory gets dumped or on the report fatal error screen upon reboot.

~ Tkey

Start>Right Click on My Computer>Properties. Advanced Tab>Startup and recovery Section. Select the Settings button. Uncheck the option to Autorestart after system failure. This will give you the BSOD screen where you can get 2 things for us.

1. The Stop error code. It will look like 0X000000ZZ Where the ZZ will be a alpha numeric combination.

2. The words in all CAPS. IRQL not less or equal or something else. What ever it is.

Between these 2 things we will be able to find out what is going on.

If anything I can always count on my PC to crash every morning after I boot from a long shut down period and this morning is no exception!

Here's the error codes I got.

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8345.dir00\Mini042108-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8345.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E1329000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BF9DDDAE
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Thanks for your help with this.

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom