pass protected XP hard drive on another XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtan

Beta member
Help! portable Hard drive trouble...

I know what you're all thinking (sorry if this wasnt you) another guy trying to break into someones computer

i took my hard drive from my pass protected win xp laptop out and put it in a case (unformatted of course)
now my computer tells me i cant open the folders bc their pass protected
I know the password the only issue is how do i open the folders with a password i have been unable to find a prompt, also the laptop on which i had the hard drive working is broken so i cant re-do it with that, and i dont want to have to open my computer to boot from it, but it wont let me boot directly from it bc its a usb drive...

thanks

help appreciated

Undo the lock: If you decide to remove the password protection from a file or folder, you have two options. The first is to extract all the contents, either by dragging the file (or files) out of their window or by right-clicking the folder and choosing Extract All (if you prefer the "wizard" approach). Your second option is to open the compressed folder and choose File, Decrypt (in Windows Me) or File, Remove Password (in Windows XP). Either way, Windows will prompt you for your original password

Googled, does that help? I've never dealt with that encription, so I don't really know.

I dont think either of those help, I had to use a Raw Recover from ER5.0 to get it to work, and still lost file information, good luck and let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom