partition help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partitions are software based. If you right click on the unallocated space, it will give you a menu, and will include options to make it into a partition.

Dan

he is right but if you want it as a seperate partition to replace your C:\ partition it will be a little more complex. you will have to edit the partition table so that the entry for the new partition is before your current C: partition. the only problem of course would be that would mess with your windows installation. have a look at "Partition Magic". it's a very useful program (even if the last time i used it it screwed up and i used freeware instead :p)

I would consider partitions Hardware, cuz software creates the partition but its related to the Hard drive itself when you have a problem with it. but besides the point.

but disk management i dont believe will allow you to merge the unallocated space with your root drive. ive always used software like partition magic to do that and you would be best off with that to merge it with your c:\ drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom