Re: Partial boot up? Killing me....
Ok....very stumped now....have no clue what to do,would like to nominate this problem as the stumper of the month.
Same problem as always, here is what I've tried:
- PSU upgrade: no affect
- Motherboard switch: no affect
- New video card: no affect
- Reset CMOS: no affect
- Swap monitor: no affect
- Swap CPU: no affect
- Disconnect CDRW, floppy and DVDRW: no affect
- Took the HD to Tigerdirect.ca store and they confirmed it is working but haven't tried a new one.
- Took entire system to local techie...he "THINKS" its the mobo but wouldn't confirm for me.
And still there is no change at all...seems like power is getting to the mobo, HD, RAM, CPU ect, but not to the mouse and keyboard and no signal is getting to the monitor....anyone have any other ideas?
I think the only thing I havn't changed is the RAM which is one of the newest components, just added it a few months ago.
This is driving me nuts! I'm also running out of places to buy and return hardware without penalty! Anything....could it be XP?