Panel light issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosphorousgobu

Baseband Member
A while back, I bought an Asus K8v SE deluxe mother board. Everything works, except the panel lights. I put the motherboard in 3 different cases, and the lights worked in none of them. I sent it back to Asus, and they sent me a new one. I had the same problem with the new motherboard. Case problem, or MB issue?

If by that you mean "Did you connect all of the color coded cables to their appropriate places on the motherboard", then yes. I read the manual thoroughly and followed its directions very carefully. For some odd reason, the lights simply don't work. The case speaker, however, works, and it plugs in right next to the panel lights....I'm not sure what the issue is. The cases I used are all kind of crappy....i.e. loose power cables and whatnot...That could be it...or maybe TigerDirect/Asus stiffed me twice. I'm not sure. I wasn't willing to send back the motherboard again, because I was tired of being without a computer.

Aside from the panel lights, everything else on the motherboard works perfectly fine.

Do the lights work for any other motherboard? Have they ever worked?

What happens if you reverse the connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom