Page fault in non paged area BSOD - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Page fault in non paged area BSOD

A few days ago I started getting this BSOD error. It started when I was playing the new Saints row game, which is apparently, rather hardware taxing. I was only about 15 minutes into the game when I got the blue screen. The computer restarted and I tried the game again thinking that it was just a one off, due to not having had a blue screen in over a year. Sure enough I started the game again, but this time managed to play a little further but still got the BSOD.

I did a little search and it turned out other people were having the same problem. I didn't like the game much anyway and decided if my computer is going to be constantly blue screening there was no point in playing it, so since then I haven't touched it.

I thought this would fix my problem, but it didn't. When I started up Skyrim (which is another rather hardware taxing game) I had the same problem. but it's not always at the start-up. It could be 10 minutes into the game or 2 hours into the game. Sometimes I can play for multiple hours and not have a problem, although over the last couple of days the BSOD have become more frequent.

System specs are:
i7 920
Windows preium 64bit

I'm not the greatest when it comes to BSOD' so any help much be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I'd like to add it has ONLY happened when playing Video games. Never when doing anything else.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Page fault in non paged area BSOD

Hit start and type system event viewer, once done navigate to the system tabs error and click it and tell me what you have going on in there.
Also do you happen to be using new or recent nvidfia gtx 260 drivers ?
Graphics Driver - GeForce 285.62 Driver - GeForce

Give that a look and download it and see what happens, also if you can avoid it do not use nvidia hd sound drivers but use your default sound card, it will prevent problems in the long run and slow down the process of your gaming crashing upon starting and playing.
Closed Thread