p4 keeps hitting70c

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey_lad

Baseband Member
my pc keep alarming when i do anything play media player or any games it only started about 2 days ago when i leave it idol it between 37c-44c.
it a p4 775 socket
i just want to know is it the fan or the tremel paste becasuse it was alarming and i took off the fan to give it a clean as it was full of dust
does anyone have any idea what it is ?
thanks .

Sometimes if they system isn't getting enough power the chip will heat up becuase it's using extra effort to pull the correct amount of voltages down the line. I had that problem when i plugged in a 250 watt power suppy for diagnosit tests. Other than that, make sure your voltage settings or correct in the BIOS, including bus speed ect..

Sounds like the fan to me. Is the fan making any grinding noises or does it appear to lag at time when running? Replacing the fan is a cheap fix, otherwise you may need to check the voltages on you mobo 20/24 pin and 12v rail to make sure that the PSU is okay. If you have a friend that will allow you to run his/her PSU outside of your case and check the cpu temps that would be a very valuable dx tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom