P4 3.4ghz runs HOT .. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is air coming out the back of the computer hot? It would be if your temps were at 71C...

If not it may be a sensor issue... you never know lol...

yeah the air is definately warm....

I think I might of SOMEWHAT resolved the problem enough.... I changed my air flow a bit.... My case has no front air intake spots for fans.... Sooo I popped out the 2 plastic bay pieces and stuck a 80mm fan there and some black card board to fill in space next to it (looks pretty decent actually)... Now I have a front intake finally....

Previous set up:

1 side intake (34cfm)
1 rear exhaust (60cfm)
1 top exhaust (34cfm)

TEMPS:

CPU Idle: 50C (aprox)
CPU Load: 71C (aprox)

Now it's:

1 side exhaust (34cfm)
1 rear exhaust (34cfm)
1 top exhaust (60cfm)
1 front fan intake (34cfm)

TEMPS:

CPU Idle: 44C (aprox)
CPU Load: 65C (aprox)

Plus the overall system temp is cooler by at least 10C..

"Throw some AS5 on dat *****!"

Thats if you havent already. Your new cooler looks like the C2D's stock cooler. I remember the P4's to run hot. I dont know about PD's though my friends got one and the stock dell copper heatsink never gets hot to the touch.

I think he means P4 + Hyperthreading it appears as 2 CPU's ... My personal idea would be it needs clearing out aka Fans with Compressed Air.

^^ That worked perfectly on my Pentium D.. I actually hit temps or 81C playing HL2-E1 before I bought it, Then I bought that and some AS5 and the temps never went above 62C...

lol any longer without that cooler and my processor would have pulled a Chernobyl...lol..
edit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom