Samsung DVD-rom
Samsung Dual layer burner
Samsung Floppy
120mm Fan on the back of case
Exhaust fan in bottom PCI slot
CPU port on side of case
HDD fans

TEMP zones:
CPU - 60 C (with games jumps up to 68-70 C)
ZONE 1 & 2 - 50ish

Voltage for 12v is roghly 11.90

And heres the problem. Installed everything the other night. Everything installed great. I have the latest updates and drivers for everything from the BIOS to the nVidia Driver. When I first booted up Call of Duty 2 everything was set relatively high: anti-aliasing 4x; res. 1280x1024...

Well after playing for like a minute my computer just rebooted. I check the ground, and screws for teh mobo are fine. I checked the cpu heatsink, thats on flushly and tightly. I checked all the power connections everything. No matter what I do it still restarts after I play CoD2 for a little while. I'm stumped. I have no idea what is going on. My CPU alert for the temp. goes crazy too. I tried taking the case off and playing like that but still doesn't make a difference. I am in teh basement so it's relatively cold to begin with.

Any help or tips to solve this problem would be great. Tia

it may actually be overheating 70C is pretty dang high...

Get a good thermaltake HSF and use AS5 between the sink and the chip..

also do you have good airflow in your case, I don't see intake listed.

also the ideal setup is, Airflow in front of PC, Side vent blowing directly on processor, and that 12cm fan exhaust.

The case I have doesn't have any place for intake in the front... or atleast i dont think so. There are no holes in the front so i didnt think of putting one there.

The side has a port for the processor, those cup-like things. I dont know the correct term for them.

I'm deffinetly going to pick up a new heat sink and fan and thermal gel. I figure i'll start checking things off my list. I've been asking around at work (circuit city) and they all seem to think it's over heating also. I was surprised by the 60 C at first, just by running windows, and even more surprised when it jumped to 68 C when running call of duty 2. I thought maybe because of the dual-core cpu they just ran hotter. I'll check it out though. I may have to go to best buy or comp usa to pick up a heatsink and fan because I am too **** impatient.

Thanks for you input guys... I'll give it a shot and let ya know how it turns out.

You should be using the side port thingy (Intel Thermally Advantaged Chasis) as your CPU requires alot of cooling.

Well I went to the local Comp USA (rip-off + zero customer service) since I didn't feel like waiting to enjoy my computer for new egg to ship a heat sink. So i picked out the Cooler Master KHC-L91 and let me tell you guys, install was a breeze, and the thing is huge.

Most importantly, my whole computer is running cooler. Zone 1 and 2 running around 30 C and my friggon CPU is running at 42-45 C which is 15-20 C lower than what it was with that jack-off intel heat sink. I have only had AMD and never had this problem so it was a little knew to me, but you guys were correct, and the new heat sink is the solution to my problems.

Although I had to take my mobo off to install it, this heat sink is highly, highly reccommended... Thanks forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom