Overheating on 3d apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

northwest213

Beta member
My computer overheats and shuts off when i load the cpu (running 3d games like AOE III, and Sims) on windows 2000. I was running win xp x64 bit but i had shutoff problems with it just running apps like media player and cool edit plus my OS was crashing every weak do to a bad HD so i decided to go back to 2000 (never had a crash from it). But what got me is I never had a problem with games like FEAR on the 64 bit, but thats old news. I need help with this heat problem.

I have EVEREST Home edition it reads my temps as:

Motherboard
29 °C (84 °F) Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI

CPU
70 °C (158 °F) AMD Athlon 64, 3000+

Hitachi HDS722525VLAT80
33 °C (91 °F)

Seagate ST340016A
33 °C (91 °F)

these are the temps just running internet exploer and everest
task manager reads 2-4% cpu usage

I have 2 80mm case fans now im thinking about adding 2 more.
1- 80mm
1- 120mm
and getting a new heatsink. Do you think that will fix my problem?

something else to add. when i run AOE the mobo temp raises to about 60°C form 30°C

cpu goes up to about 79°C for 70°C

Whoah, that CPU is crazy hot! What HSF do you have on the CPU? Are you using thermal paste? Make sure your heatsink is seated properly, and post back to let us know!

jesus that is hot dude, you could cook eggs on it. Uhm make sure all ur fans are working, and for ur internet r u using ethernet or usb? Make sure HSF is seated correctly as magouster said.

its seated right. its some cheap-o i got at the end of my part quest. (i was running out of fund) i'll try new paste and a new heatsink and let you know what happens

Bout a new fan for about 30 bucks says its for up to a 5000+ Its still running at about 69°C 156°F but its not getting hotter when i run a gameso i guess its cool.

Yeah, seems like that temperature would fry the poor thing... Aw. Hope it doesn't die or slow down.

I bought a new heatsink (Freezer 64 pro) its still running at about 69 C but its not getting hotter when i run games. Maybe its a bad sensor

Attachments

• ssy.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom