Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acdcxx

Baseband Member
Alright here we go,Problem is one day i got on my computer windows vista AMD custom built,so i popped in a disk to play a game,Noticed the game didnt autoplay so i looked in my computer didnt find it so i reboot,doesnt come on,i wait few hours,fire it up so it works longer boot time,i was like eh no biggie,Then shut it down to make sure it works and shut downs right,it takes 4 times longer to shut down,i was mind blown,then i notice that the Fans for power supply Proccessor and the two case fans are all running,They never done this,so thought it just overheated,well they stay on as long as i let it,soo not a good sign,the usb slots,they still have power,so i can charge say an mp3 player,So,Any idea? there is noo spyware,i have ran malware bytes search and destroy,and hijackthis,Nothing says virus,Looks like hardware,and thats why im here,also,i unhooked the hardrive see if it was software,booted,shut it off and the fans,still on,sooo,what you all think? whats the problem,how do i fix it?

Probably bad RAM or a dieing harddrive.

Google, download, burn to disk and run memtest 86+ for about 4 hours.

you can run chkdsk from the run box.
Or from recovery console in xp disk (I think).

You would either follow the instructions in the mobo manual, or goto the manufacturers website, select your model motherboard and download the latest bios version.

The site will likely have instructions on the download page on how to do it.

Most mobos have an auto run program that does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom