OverHeating

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Joker

Solid State Member
I just got my new computer parts.But after building my new pc (not my first time).I got this problem.Overheating.not a normal one.the CPU hits 100+C in few seconds along with the motherboard which hits around 50-55.I've tried touching the VGA heatsink and it was pretty hot as well.Everything is set as stock.No Oc-ing at all yet.

I've rechecked all power cables,Reinstalled the heatsink,reapplied thermal paste.But nothing is working.My case has 3 120mm fans 2 80mm fans.CPU fan gets to 7000+ RPM and still nothing is working. And of course there is no way to try any software since the pc would shut down before getting into the OS.So any help/ideas of what should I do?

Thanks.

MB:MSI 790FX-GD70
CPU: Phenom x4 965
RAM:4GB OCZ 1600 platinum
PS:Corsair 750W
VGA:Sapphire 4890

my best guess would be a bad processor the board heating up is a little odd to but mine get's up to around that temp (not as fast though) you have any other computers in the house that you could do some part swaping with (like the processor)

I wish I had some.But I have none right now not untill 2 weeks. and I can't wait that long.
another note I just noticed that Pout is increasing as well. around 70W at the begining and keep increasing to 100 before I truned it off.

there's only really 3 things it can be and none of them will help you solve this 1 is power over/under powering can cause heat issues processor is hooped or the mobo is hooped neither is a good thing... did you get the parts from a place in town or online?

Now here is the problem.I got them online from amazon through aramex to Qatar,which is really far.And sending back any of these part "RMA" going to cost me the price of a new one.That's the reason I'm desperate to find any other solutions.

So any help here? I really need some.

Straight short line.
Ya.I guess I can manage to do that.What should I change?

How thick of a line. Is the heatsink itself pretty hot? IF the heatsink seems to be fairly cool, it might not be transferring heat from the chip properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom