Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

locki433

In Runtime
I'm having a problem with temps, was wondering if anybody has the same board and knows what each of the temps are. Thank you

maybe the temps are set too low in speed fan. Does your mainboard support any kind of temp reporting ?

I double checked with Everest, and the temps are correct. It tells me what is what tho. The 50cel one is the chipset. Does anybody know if this is ok, or should i see about getting a new fan. My graphics card sits right on top of it, stupid design.

for a start you may actually want to use the software designed for DFI's monitoring chip :D, ITE Smart Guardian. it should be included on your driver disc. 50c is acceptable though too high for my liking. perhaps you could remount the chipset HSF with some Arctic Silver. it's probably mainly because your graphics card no doubt hangs over the chipset fan. it is possible to put the card in the second slot (if you enable SLI the slot will run at 8X) which will probably drop your temps a few degrees in my experience. however in my experience this can cause a significant delay in POST/boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom