Overclocked too hard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domestic

In Runtime
Hi I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the Overclocking Forum so I hope this is OK.

Basically I was messing around trying to boost my CPU and I seemed to have pushed it too hard. Now when I try to turn it, it is a lot louder and continuously beeps. Nothing is displayed on my monitor so I am unable to change it back to its stock settings.

What are my options?

Thanks

Ok I will.
My battery seems to be under my video card, so ill have to take them both out. Is this common by the way?

Thanks

yes, refer to your mobo manual as of how to clear CMOS. i have a nifty button on my mobo that clears out cmos for me w/o moving jumpers and batteries.. problem is i have to remove my video cards and sound card to get to it as well

yes, refer to your mobo manual as of how to clear CMOS. i have a nifty button on my mobo that clears out cmos for me w/o moving jumpers and batteries.. problem is i have to remove my video cards and sound card to get to it as well
Ah I see I'll check out my manual out and see if I have one of those buttons.
Thanks for the tip.

I don't think you have many options. If resetting the cmos batter doesn't fix the issue then you'll probably need a new chip (whatever one you were overclocking).

I believe you are going to need a new one anyways, it can't be a BIOS settings since you aren't even getting to the POST screen at startup. Which would lead me to believe you burnt up one of your chipsets.

So I took the battery out and put it back in and everything was OK.

Thanks KurrentEweser, Joowan and Lex.

I don't think you have many options. If resetting the cmos batter doesn't fix the issue then you'll probably need a new chip (whatever one you were overclocking).

I believe you are going to need a new one anyways, it can't be a BIOS settings since you aren't even getting to the POST screen at startup. Which would lead me to believe you burnt up one of your chipsets.

When I overlclock, if I set the FSB up too high, it will not post, just beep. I clear the CMOS, and it's fine. Not trying to offend you, but I don't know where you get that logic from.

He said 'If resetting the cmos battery dosn't fix the issue you'll probably need a new chip' which is good logic if the only way of clearing overclock settings dosn't work.

Even if the CMOS didn't work he could have probity taken the chip out and put it back in the board it it would have probably worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom