overclock damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan9562

In Runtime
ive had my computer running at a stable overclock for some time now. I decided to crank it up a few more notches butthen i started getting problems. The main one is that when im running big applications like battlefield 2, the computer locks up and i have to hard resset to get it back to normal. What would i have damaged to make it do this....could it be ram? appreciate the response as i can no longer play any games :(:(:( peace out.

doesn't sound like any damage to me if i am right in assuming you have not downclocked it since you:

decided to crank it up a few more notches

if i'm right then take it back to stock speed. if it is back at stock speed and hasn't been for very long it is also possible that it is overheating. i find that after i do suicide benchmarks (high overclocks for the sake of my e-p3nis :D) i may get instability even back at stock speeds for as much as a few hours........especially on high ram overclocks.

if your CPU is unstable from the overclock, it will cause lock ups and other stuff. Go back to stock as it's just safe.

I'll tell you one thing:
My CPU (P4 3.00GHZ) Was OCed to 3.87GHZ...and tried to aim 4. The BIOS locked up and wouldn't reboot. I thought I blew it. Nope, it was the BIOS, but that was a scare :eek:

Back at stock speed is good choice.

And, I think this is in the wrong section. There's an overclocking lounge here, I believe.

sorry for a late reply, i have returned to stock now. but im still getting the same problems. what can i try and do? would flashing with new bios be a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom