Over heating problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD AI

Baseband Member
Okay, last problem before my computer will work!

Okay: Whenever I tried to install windows on my computer it would randomly shut down, and I figured out the problem.

I checked out my heat and the case is nice and cool, but my CPU (Athlon 3200+ venice core) is getting REALLY hot like 140 degrees fahrenheit when all I was doing was checking the BIOS, so I was going to check here before I tried anything.

I know it isn't the case cooling since it has reasonable tempurature, and I have 2 120mm fans, and 2 80mm fans.
So as of now I have decided that it is the thermal pad needing to be replaced.

When I was installing the heatsink it was giving alot of resistance, so I thought I put it on backwords (Impossible) so I pulled it off and turned it around, leaving alot of the pads residue on the cpu, now the entire cpu may not be covered by the pad... I have a friend who recently put together a computer and has some thermal grease left over, and I was thinking about removing the heatsink and putting thermal grease on it and re-installing, would this be a good idea?

Thanks in advance, and if you have any good ideas, I'm all ears!

I would read the instructions on how to install the heatsink properly. Just to be on the safe side. It would be a great idea, just don't do to much and scrape off the old first.

I always heard artic Silver was the best CPU "goo"

It is installed correctly, just making sure it would help, and if that seems like the problem.

Ste said:
I would read the instructions on how to install the heatsink properly. Just to be on the safe side. It would be a great idea, just don't do to much and scrape off the old first.

I always heard artic Silver was the best CPU "goo"

Backwards?...I can't vsualize how it was attached! Holy Cow!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom