Out of range

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_carpet

Beta member
hi,

i just bought a dmtech 17" wide tft LCD tv which i want to use as my monitor as well as my tv. Basically i have my monitor lead plugged into both the tv and the tower, then i have the power plugged into the wall (no sound cables as i dont want the tv to produce any sound).

Now i thought this should just work when i choose the pc option on the tv. However it doesnt, we get an "out of range" message scrolling down the monitor.

Any one got any help with this problem?

cheers in advance

This is your problem. A TV is not a Monitor and a Monitor is not a TV!!! The refresh rates and pixwl pitch on a tv and computer monitor are very different! You might, if you moneky around with the display propeties from your video card to get the TV to funciton as a monitor but you will have quality issues as well as screen size and format. Sorry for the bad news but they are two different devices with two very different applications.

then why do they sell it as a pc monitor as well? even in the instructions it talks about the tv been used as a pc monitor, so i am afraid i think you are wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom